New Student Orientation
Welcome to Houston Community College!
We're thrilled to have you join the Eagle community. The New Student Orientation (NSO) is an excellent way for you to get acquainted with our college, explore various programs of study, and discover the wide range of resources available to you. As a new student, participating in the NSO online is a mandatory step to kick-start your journey here.
During the Online NSO, you'll be introduced to:
- Academic Pathways: Learn about the diverse academic programs we offer, as well as the support systems and resources tailored to help you succeed in your studies.
- How to Pay for College: We'll walk you through the different options to fund your education.
- Academic Advising: Gain insights into academic advising – a valuable resource to plan your educational journey effectively.
- How to Enroll in Courses: Get guidance on how to enroll in your classes online.
To complete NSO online, please follow the steps below.
- Visit myeagle.hccs.edu
- Select "Student Sign In" and log in using your Eagle ID.
- Your Eagle ID is the User ID or W number you were issued upon admission. For help to reset your password, please call 713.718.8800.
- Select "Checklist" box/tile
- Select the "On-boarding" checklist and click "NSO" to upload proof/documentation
After completing the NSO, here's what's next:
- Complete any other required checklist items on your To-do List in the Student Center.
- Connect with an Academic Advisor for course planning and to enroll in your first semester.
- Cover the cost of your bill through financial aid and/or payment plans.
- Learn more about textbook options.
We're excited about the journey ahead and can't wait to see you soar as an HCC Eagle!