Tutoring - Get Help Early and Often
TSI test-takers may call the Tutoring Call Center at (713) 718-8184 to schedule an in-person or virtual Tutoring session with a Math or Writing Tutor.
Please click here for the Fall 2022 tutoring schedule: www.hccs.edu/findatutor
Register for our Tutoring workshops: www.hccs.edu/ASC-workshops
Houston Community College is committed to your success. We offer free one-on-one tutoring in-person at our campuses, real-time video conference tutoring, and Online asynchronous tutoring to current HCCS students. Faculty tutors, peer tutors, and lab assistants are available to help with English, Math, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Accounting, Spanish, INRW, ESOL, and much more. We can help you stay on track with your coursework, understand assignments, and improve your study skills.
Option 1: Virtually meet with a tutor through video conference
Call 713-718-8184 to schedule an appointment
Monday & Thursday: 8am-8pm, Tuesday & Wednesday: 8am-10pm; Friday: 8am-4pm, & Saturday: 9am-3pm
Option 2: In-person tutoring
Call 713-718-8184 to schedule an appointment, or visit www.hccs.edu/findatutor to see the subject/tutor schedules at the locations listed below:
- Alief Hayes Campus, Main building, Rm B137-139
- Coleman Campus, Health Science Tower, Rm 113
- Central Campus, San Jacinto Bld., Rm 384
- Eastside Campus, Angela Morales Bld., Rm 210.1 & 210.2
- Fraga Campus, STEM Bld., Rm 126
- Missouri City, Rm 211
- Northeast, Learning Hub, Rm 301
- Northline Campus, Building A, Rm 423
- Spring Branch Campus, Rm RC11 & 703
- Stafford Campus, Scarcella Bld., Rm E107
- West Loop Campus, Rm 137
- Katy Campus, Learning Commons, Rm 102.5
Option 3: Submit an assignment to be reviewed online at hccs.Upswing.io
Submit questions and papers 24/7/365 and get responses and feedback within 48 hours - and usually much faster!
Registration is simple:
- Go to hccs.upswing.io
- Use your Eagle ID (W-number) as your username and your HCC student e-mail password as your Upswing password.
Watch the video on the bottom of the login-page to see how it all works. Check out the online Tutoring Resource Center link from the log-in page. Feel free to use whatever materials you want from the Resource Center. It is not necessary to log in to watch the video and use the Resource Center.
Resources for Microsoft Teams:
- Microsoft TEAMS is accessible to students when they log into their HCC email (Microsoft 365).
- From your Eagle Landing Page, click on Mail and log in with your student email credentials
- Call HCC IT technical support if you encounter log-in issues (713-718-8800)
- Microsoft TEAMS training videos
- Tutoring Call Center representatives will be available to assist as well.
Our Tutoring Centers are here to help you succeed
The College Reading & Learning Association’s (CRLA) International Tutor Training Program Certification (ITTPC) has certified the HCC face-to-face Tutoring Program as a Level 1 Certified Tutor provider. CRLA granted certification for the HCC Tutor programs at the Southeast, Southwest, Central, Coleman, Northeast & Northwest campuses to issue certificates to tutors who meet their requirements. Since 1989, over 1,000 college tutor training programs around the globe have received ITTPC at one or more levels.
15 Years and Still Growing Strong
Online tutoring by HCC Upswing is approaching 15 years of service to students, yet we still provide the same personalized tutoring with dedicated, accredited HCC faculty tutors. Students and faculty can access online tutoring at hccs.upswing.io. Students can use their HCC Student ID (W-number) and HCC email password, and faculty can use their HCC email and associated password. A video explaining how the tutoring platform works is located on the bottom of the Upswing log in page. We hope you will continue to use this valuable resource. For more information, please contact Alex G. Kanakis at firstname.lastname@example.org.