Your financial need determines your eligibility for financial aid. Generally, to qualify for federal, state, and/or institutional assistance, you must:


  • Have a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate
  • Have a valid Social Security Number
  • Be a degree-seeking student in an A.A., A.S., A.A.S. or eligible certificate program
  • Not be in default on any state or federal grant or loan received at any institution
  • Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or trust territories
  • Certify that you will use federal student aid only for educational purposes
  • Be enrolled in and attending classes in your active program plan. Most financial aid programs require at least half-time enrollment (6+ credits per term, including summer). For the purpose of awarding and disbursing federal and state aid, the following credit hours determine a student’s enrollment status. 
    • Full-time = 12 or more credit hours
    • Three-quarter-time = 9 to 11 credit hours
    • Half-time = 6 to 8 credits
    • Less-than-half-time = 1 – 5 credit hours


Federal aid is available for up to 30 remedial or developmental credits. Once a student attempts 30 remedial or developmental credits, federal aid will be awarded for college-level credits only.

Courses Covered by FA

Make Sure Your Courses are Covered by Financial Aid:

When you enroll in a course that is not part of your active program plan, the course credits cannot be counted toward the enrollment status that determines the amount of financial aid awarded to you.


Your financial aid enrollment status will reflect the credits for all validated classes that are part of your active program plan. Classes that are newly validated will be adjusted during the nightly financial aid recalculation process. If your adjusted financial aid package is not enough to cover full cost of the courses that aren’t on your program plan, you will be responsible for any unpaid tuition and fees.


Connect with your assigned academic advisor to review which courses you need to complete your academic program plan and to ensure you are on the right track with your courses.