Testing ADA Accommodations
Need Accommodations? It is recommended that students meet with an ADA Counselor at least 60 days prior to the beginning of each term. Click the following link to learn more about Ability Services.
Contact ADA Counselors
Students who need to arrange reasonable accommodations must contact Ability Services at the College(s) (Central, Coleman, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, Southwest) the student plans to attend.
Click the following link to Connect with ADA Counselors
Assistive technology can lessen or remove barriers faced by persons with disabilities. Assistive Technology is any item, piece of equipment, or product system, whether acquired commercially off the shelf, modified, or customized, that is used to increase, maintain, or improve functional capabilities of individuals with disabilities.
Click the following link to learn more about Available Assistive Technology.
Proctoring services are available in the HCC Testing Centers for HCC Students with approved accommodations. Students with approved accommodations should:
- Provide the testing center with a copy of the accommodation letter at the beginning of each semester.
- Inform instructor of intent to use the testing center to take exams and quizzes.
- Schedule an appointment to take exam or quiz at least 1 week prior to the desired test date. Currently exams should be taken at the test center location where enrolled.
- Inform instructor of scheduled appointment.
- Review all test instructions and procedures with your instructor prior to the scheduled day for testing. Bring only approved materials.
- Bring a valid Government issued photo ID bearing a signature for admittance to the Testing Center. No one can be admitted without proper identification.
- Arrive on time for scheduled appointment. It is recommended that arrival be approximately 10 minutes before scheduled appointment time.