Top of Home Page
Graduate Details: Attire and Arrival Time
Please follow these dress code guidelines for the graduation ceremony:
Cap and Gown (Regalia) Required
- The academic cap should be worn straight, and pulled down slightly on the forehead.
- The tassel of the cap should be worn on the right first, and then changed to the left at the end of the ceremony
- Suggested clothing to be worn under the gown:
- Men - White shirt, dark tie, dark slacks, dark shoes, and dark socks. No sandals
- Women - Lightweight fabric and dark shoes with low or medium heels. No sandals
- Graduates should carry nothing in their hands. A copy of the program will be placed on each graduates chair.
- For the safety and security of those attending the commencement, no bags will be permitted in the back staging area with students. This includes, but not limited to purses, backpacks, camera bags, and diaper bags.
- Absolutely no smoking is allowed.
- Balloons not allowed
- All students attending commencement, including late registrants must purchase regalia by doing any of the following, visit any HCC Bookstore or purchase the morning of the ceremony.
- On graduation day, participating graduates need to arrive by 11:00AM for the 1:00PM ceremony You will receive a preprinted registration card, please verify all information is correct. Staff will assist you with seating arrangements in the staging area and answer any questions you may have.
- • As you prepare to line up to cross the stage, please be prompt in reaching the center of the stage, then proceed to exit off the stage. There will be staff to guide you during this process. Please be attentive and follow their instructions. It is important that you return to your seat after receiving your recognition and remain seated until the end of the ceremony.